You can store an appliance configuration in a backup file and use this file to restore the appliance configuration.
When backing up the appliance configuration, you have the option of including the SSO credentials in the credential store in the backup file. Likewise, when restoring, you have the option of restoring the SSO credentials from the backup file to the credential store.
When restoring a backup, you have the option of restoring all configurations and accounts or only the data configured under the Policy top-level menu, which includes data on rules, lists, and settings.
NOTE: Make sure the UTF-8 character format is used on your administration system for Web Gateway if you want to insert special characters, for example, German umlaut (ä, ö, ü), in the passwords that are required for encrypting and decrypting a backup.
- On the dashboard, select Troubleshooting.
- On the appliances tree, select the appliance whose configuration you want to back up or restore, then click Backup/Restore.
- To back up the appliance configuration:
- To include SSO credentials in the backup, select the SSO Credentials check box.
- Click Back up to file.
- In your local file manager, create or select the backup file.
- To restore the appliance configuration:
- To include all configurations and accounts in the restore, select the Configurations and Accounts check box.
- To include SSO credentials in the restore, select the SSO Credentials check box.
- Click Restore from file.
- Confirm the message stating that you will be logged off during the restore.
- In your local file manager, select the backup file to use for restoring the appliance configuration.
Tags recommended by the template: article:topic