MVISION Cloud Slack Bot
In Slack, by default, when a user uploads content that violates a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policy with a Quarantine or Delete response action, that user is notified through a Slack bot user registered by MVISION Cloud. This bot is also used to send all other types of notifications in Slack, including incident notifications to the admin.
The default Slack bot user name for MVISION Cloud is securityadmin, but you can customize the bot name if you like.
To change the Slack bot name:
- Go to Policy > Policy Settings.
- Select the Notifications tab.
- Under Slack Notifications, enter a new name for Bot User Name.
- Click Save.
Link a Slack Notification to a DLP Policy
If API access for Slack is enabled, you can link Slack notification to a DLP Policy.
- Choose Policy > DLP Policies.
- Click Create Policy. Then click Create New Policy. (See Creating a DLP Policy from a Template for information about templates.)
- Under Response, click Add Action.
- Select your required settings, then for severity then, select either:
- User Email Notification. The response action can be used to send a predefined email notification to the user triggering the DLP rule with details regarding the policy violation.
- Send Bot Notification. The response action can be used to send an email notification to the specific pre-configured user. Click the pencil icon to add a comma-separated list of email addresses to configure the users.
- User Bot Notification. The response action can be used to send an in-app notification to the user interacting with the bot.
- Click Save.